This weekend’s visit to Izu was exciting and surprisingly educational. In case you’ve never been taught properly to mount and dismount a chairlift, the thoughtful signs at Ohmuro have you covered. Sit and observe. Properly, of course.
1. Buy a ticket and get on line.2. Observe the signs.
2. Proceed to the waiting line.
3. Rush to the foot markers. Do not step outside the outline. Do not get hit by the chair.
4. Sit, lower the bar, and enjoy the view.
5. Though your feet may brush the ground under the lift, do not give into the temptation to jump. Remember the signs.
6. Smile for the camera!
7. Lift the bar and prepare for dismount.
8. Don’t jump. Perch off the edge and stand up like a civilized human being.
9. Don’t get hit by the chair as you walk off. Shove your companion if need be. Those chairs are sneaky villains.
10. You made it! Enjoy the view 🙂
Optional return: rolling downhill.